MOULIN DE MONTBRUN-LAURAGAIS

Historic site and monument ,  Mill at Montbrun-Lauragais

moulin de montbrun lauragais©
moulin de montbrun lauragais gauche©
moulin et eglise montbrun lauragais© M. Lajoie Mazenc
  • Dating from the 17th Century (1680 to be exact as indicated on the date engraved above the door), this windmill in Montbrun-Lauragais celebrated its complete restoration on June 23, 2002, after 10 years of works.

    Located in the heart of the village near the church the town hall and the school, a remarkable structure of the 19th Century built out of bricks and cobblestones. A 17th Century construction (1680), restored and typical of Lauragais windmills of the past, it has been registered as a regional historical monument. Open to the public in July and August every Thursday and Sunday as well as certain Sundays between May and September, request information at the town hall. Guided tours, demonstrations of how it works and making flour. The passage of the GR 653 (Arles to Santiago de Compostella) found indicated on a map of the network of hiking trails posted in the village square.
  • Access
    • Airport/airfield  :  Toulouse-Blagnac at 30 km
    • Motorway  :  A69 sortie 19.1 Montgiscard Baziège at 7 km
    • Railway station  :  Baziège at 8 km
    • Coach station  :  Toulouse at 23 km
    • Main road  :  D813 - D74, D24 at 4 km
    • Public transport  :  Métro B "Ramonville" at 12 km
  • Environment
    • On the pilgrimage trail "Santiago de Compostela at Arles" at 1 km
    • In the country
    • On the Canal du Midi at 4 km
    • Near a main road  :  D813 at 4 km
  • Spoken languages
    • English
Services
  • Equipment
    • Picnic area
  • Services
    • Animals accepted
    • Free visit on request
    • Guided tour on request
    • Play area
Rates
Payment methods
  • Cheques and giro cheques
  • Cash
  • Rates
  • Child rate
  • Adult
  • Child rate
  • Group rate
Openings
Openings
  • From May 1, 2019 until September 30, 2019